New Cocktail for Lenzie Gin
50cl/2 shots Lenzie Gin
2-3 dashes Angostura Bitters (depending on personal preference; we prefer 3)
Lemonade (we use diet. Just to cut down on some calories!)
Lemon Peel (for garnish)
1. In a small rocks glass or tumbler, place 2 or 3 ice cubes in the glass along with the Angostura Bitters.
2. Swirl the glass to coat the inside of the glass with the Bitters. The ice will dilute and help with this process. Do this for roughly 20-30 seconds, or until the glass is coated a slight orange colour.
3. Pour out the ice and any diluted water into the sink.
4. Add 3 or 4 ice cubes, depending on glass size and size of ice.
5. Add the Lenzie Gin and top with lemonade.
6. For garnish take a piece of peeled lemon and squeeze it over a flame to express the oils onto the glass. Gently rub the lemon peel around the rim of the glass and drop onto the cocktail. (See the video below if this sounds complicated. It really isnt!)
The garnish stage is not necessary, however it does add a whole new dimension to the drink due to the smell of the lemon oils.
7. Enjoy with friends or family