Following consideration of the importance of environmental sustainability and a commitment to be a benefit to the community, Billington’s of Lenzie Limited is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by ongoing evaluation of operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its delivery vehicle and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Member of Green Earth Appeal, empower our diners to plant a fruit tree in the developing world to counterbalance the environmental impact of their meal and at the same time help put an end to poverty. It’s an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
- Provide advice and information to staff and encourage them to develop new ideas and initiatives to contribute towards sustainability
Below is a list of already achieved objectives in the day to day running of the business:
- Low energy led lighting
- Recycle cork program
- Supporters of Uk Coffee Week & project waterfall
- A fully electric delivery vehicle
Environmentally friendly packaging and disposables, such as:
- Eco bio-degradable napkins
- Cornstarch cutlery
- Eco Vegeware straws
- Brown Kraft paper bags
- Compostable coffee cups Vegeware
Members of Too good to go, saving food waste.
Accredited CPD-certified Green Champion from Zero Waste Scotland.
Mark & Sue Billington